Friday, August 26, 2005

I forgot to mention....

...where I got this lovely stash enhancement. I ordered it online through Redbird Knits.

I'm off now to work on Jeane's socks. I'm being the typical crafting perfectionist that I usually am. I have the first sock finished, but I'm not totally happy with the toe. I started the second sock, had about 6 rows of ribbing done, opened a box of yarn to show a customer the new Trekking XXL we got in and found a colour I hadn't seen yet. The upshot is, I've started the second sock in the Trekking, so now I'll have to make a third sock in that yarn as well. Oh well, I have myself a sample sock for the new pattern now.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the Trekking. It's kind of a subtle pink/purple combo that knits up into stripes. As I said, they're subtle, though. The first thing I thought of once I got going with this colour was "Strawberry Fields Forever". It's knitting up nice and soft. I think I could move down a needle size if I really wanted to, but I'm staying with 2.25 mm for the time being. I've finished two pattern repeats and the pattern doesn't get lost in the colour variations, which is a good thing. I'll post a picture when I have the socks done.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ev,

    Thanks so much for your help with my swatches/sweater frustrations! I appreicate it. I've enjoyed browsing through your blog, I LOVE the colours of your sock yarn. The only sock yarn I can get in my area is PATONS, and I'm getting bored of it -- although I love making socks! I'll be checking back to see your completed projects ;)

    Thanks again!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redbird Knits is one of my most favourite online stores. I only wish I lived in Ontario to visit her!

    ReplyDelete