Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Creeping Vines

Wow! The response to my socks has been overwhelming and encouraging. I'm looking forward to seeing what you, out there, do with that pattern.

Thanks to some very generous friends in Townsendsocksknitalong (one of my favourite Yahoo groups... join if you want to meet some very friendly and encouraging knitters), I now have the sock pattern in pdf format as well as in Word format. Normally, I can make pdf files, but for some reason I can only make them through PageMaker. That wouldn't be a problem, usually, as I can cut and paste text from Word to PageMaker. This time, however, there are embedded objects in the file and they don't transfer very well to PageMaker. When I presented this problem to the group, several ladies generously offered to help, and sent me the pattern in pdf format. Thank you, ladies! You are all gems. The pattern has been posted in Jeanie Townsend's group and I've posted it here as well.

Already, there are other ideas swimming around in my brain and it's very hard to pick up the needles for the second Creeping Vines sock. I'm going to do it, though. Yesterday was a very muggy, warm day here in Kelowna and knitting was very hard to do. I got to the third pattern round and for some reason, it just would not work out. My fault, not the pattern's, that I do know. So I frogged it, put it away for the night and plan to take it to work with me this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Ev what wonderful socks you have designed! A beautiful color for them too! Keep up the good work! And thanks for sharing the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Socks! Keep up the great work!
    Thanks so much for sharing the patterns with us!

    ReplyDelete