Monday, August 15, 2005

Sock Exchange

I've joined a sock exchange through Jeanie's Townsendsocksknitalong. I've never really joined an exchange before. Well, I did once, but that was for an envelope exchange (rubber stamping related) and I was a little disappointed. I don't think I will be this time. It's socks, after all. You can never have too many socks. I'll be putting my best thinking cap on today to come up with a totally original design for my exchange partner.

Fun, fun, fun.

Speaking of socks, I did finish the first On Butterfly Wings sock and have the pattern written up. I still need to take a picture and put it all together. Then the fun starts. I've been looking into pricing the patterns I write and it really all comes down to the price of printing. Obviously, the more I have printed the cheaper it will be. Right now, I have quotes for about $1.66 per side (with colour) down to $1.38 per side (with colour). If I keep it down to one picture, colour only one one side, that would bring the price down some. In addition, the quotes I have so far are based on 10 copies of two patterns. As I said earlier, more copies, lower price. I'll keep looking at my options. In the meantime, if you think my patterns are worthwhile, tell your LYS to contact me. My email address is stringsnthings at shaw dot ca. (shameless self-promotion, that was)

So, yesterday was my birthday. It should have been a fun day, right? Well, I've postponed the fun till Tuesday. John had to work and it was a longer than usual day, so I got to spend the day with myself. Normally, I'm not bad company but it was hot, I was a little disappointed and, I have to admit, wasn't the best of company. Eventually, I walked to the restaurant John works at (it's just down the road, a 10 minute walk, perhaps), ordered a beer and some spring rolls and waited for him. Unbeknownst to me, he was already off and sitting on the patio with a co-worker. Thankfully, I'd left a note in the car letting him know I was inside, where it was air conditioned. He drove his co-worker home and came back to pick me up. When we got home, he needed a nap. *sigh* I even had my dinner alone. It WAS good food, though... linguine al pesto, made with my own fresh basil. Yumm... one of my faves.

Tuesday, however, we're going out for a lovely dinner to a French restaurant. He took me there for my birthday last year and it was fantastic. If you come to Kelowna and you want an awesome meal, check out Bouchons. Not inexpensive, but definitely worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment