Saturday, August 06, 2005

Lacy Rib Socks

The pattern's been tried; a few changes made. One sock is knitted. I love it! From all appearances, it should fit a baby of about 3-6 months (I have a diagram somewhere of the approximate size of babies' feet; this fits into the 3-6 month diagram).

Care to see??




Close up of the lacy rib patterning

I'm going to work on the second sock today and then may even try to do it smaller yet. The lacy pattern is a simple 6 stitch, 4 row repeat that is easy to memorize and easy to read. I'll have the pattern posted sometime this weekend, most likely.

(Note: the pattern is now in the sidebar... Lacy Rib Baby Socks... in pdf format)

And, just so you know that the dreaded second sock syndrome has NOT gotten hold of me this time, I have two more pattern repeats to do on the foot of the second Creeping Vines sock. I'll post a picture of the completed pair when it's done.

Speaking of the CV socks, someone told me I did them in the wrong colour (which I chose because of the sock name.. creeping vine?? green? Makes sense, no?). If any of you do the socks, send me a picture. I'd love to see how yours turn out. I'd love to see how the pattern looks in different colours. You can send pictures to me at misschief at shaw dot com.

8 comments:

  1. Ev,
    Your lacy Rib Baby Socks are just what im looking for I have a 6 month old little granddaughter, they are beautiful . I also have a 4 and 6 year old granddaughters as well can this be adapted to make sizes for them also , I'm getting started today on these little socks for the six month old she was a premie so I know these will fit her, she weight in at 3pd and 11 oz and is doing very well at this time. Thank you for posting them. my email address is toni@qconline.com
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love your lacy Rib Baby socks! Im knitting to a friend, expecting a girl baby, and this pattern is perfect!!!!!
    Thanks!

    Virtuella from Norway
    http://virtuella.blogdrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ev, I really enjoyed how fast the original Baby Sock Pattern knit up. This one will fit the bill for some adorable little socks to go with the girly sweater I have on the needles now.
    Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ev, What lovely socks. Can't wait to free up some needles so that I can adapt them to a size for my two-year old Lexie.
    Aren't grandaughters the greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on having a new grandbaby on the way, Ev! My one-and-only granddaughter is having her first birthday party here tomorrow. Yikes! Too many people! Love the sock pattern. I may have to knit her an enlarged pair next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nifty socks! For them I will have to 'think small' but came to your site today because of the posting last April on how to make circular needles. What I am trying to find out is how to sharpen the ends of dowel too large to fit into a pencil sharpener - thumb sized, for instance. Any suggestions? Thanks. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ev,
    I started the these socks last night and I cant believe how easy the pattern is to remember and they are so so cute . thank you once again for the pattern.. i cant wait till they are done to give to my newest grandbaby girl..
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this pattern! I've just finished my first pair of Lacy Rib Baby Socks, and I know I'll knit more of them! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete