Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'm in heaven...

Well, I'm working on the Heavenly Camisole, so... Ok, lame. I am enjoying the process on this camisole, though. It's a fun knit. I've found that since I put stitch markers between each pattern repeat, it's become easier to keep track of where I am in the pattern.

Jane, you mentioned that you couldn't find a picture of the camisole anywhere. Here you go, my dear.



Pretty isn't it? Oh yes, I don't know if I've mentioned it before or not, but I'm knitting it in Regia Silk sock yarn. I love the feel of the yarn. It's very soft. The other advantage to using the Regia is that it will be a washable garment. Certainly, I'll have to lay it out to dry because of the lace, but I can machine wash it with no worries. I do like that!



On another note, I've finished writing out the pattern for the Toddler's Felted Hat (my modifications) and we're actually going to be selling it in the store. My boss and I decided that there are more than enough changes to the original pattern to make it a new pattern and, therefore, we can offer it for sale. My first published, sellable pattern; I'm thrilled! I am now officially a published designer! Look out, world!

Now, on with the rest of my day. It's my day off today and I want to get some cooking done for the freezer. I intend to make a batch of spanakopita (spinach and feta pastries), a batch of spring rolls and a pot of soup (Carrot Ginger Soup).

I've been experimenting with coconut milk lately and getting some very favourable results. When my sisters were here, we went to this funky little restaurant (the Laughing Moon) for lunch. My youngest sister had a Thai Coconut Chicken soup that was yummy. It was a cream soup, but had coconut milk instead of milk (she's lactose intolerant). I had the Carrot Ginger soup, which also contains milk, but they used coconut milk instead. It was very nice, too. Last night, I cooked up a small batch of a coconut milk based soup, chicken and vegetable, that turned out very well. There's enough left over for my lunch today.

Enough of the rambling. If you have any ideas for using coconut milk in cooking, pass them on to me. I'm having a "love-in" with coconut milk right now. *grin* And know what? The coconut oil that sits at the top of the can is GREAT for your skin! Next time you open a tin, dip your finger in, get a glob of it and spread it on your face and hands. Awesome! (Oh come on, don't give me that look!)

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell from the picture so I'm asking, where can I get the pattern for the Camisole? I have a duaghter in law who would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the photo for the Heavenly Camisole - it looks far better in the cream yarn that you're using than it does in the magazine! Can't wait to see the finished camisole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For coconut milk recipes, check out: www.tasteofthai.com There are lots of great recipes using coconut milk. My husband has a severe lactose intolerance, so I often substitute Asian coconut milk for dairy milk. Unfortunately, the downside is that it is very high in fat :-( Kate F./Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete