Sunday, July 24, 2005

Caution, brain at work

I've been inspired. For the first time in my life (I hate to say this), I"m swatching. As I said in the previous post, now that I know how the Field of Flowers scarf is constructed, I'm going to design my own. That's what I've been doing this morning.

Here's the stitch I'm going to use for the body of the scarf:



It's from Barbara G. Walker's Fourth Treasury of Knitting Patterns - already a worthy purchase


And I know what I'll do for the border as well, but I can't give you ALL the details, can I? I do want to work out a better way to do the corners and will have to do some research on that. I know it's not difficult; I just don't know how... yet. I'll keep you informed. In the meantime, if you can direct me to some good information, I will be eternally grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like it, my LYS just got that book in so I was looking at it the other day. Looks like a great investment.

    ReplyDelete