Friday, July 15, 2005

It's been a week...

It's hard to believe it's already Friday. The past week has flown by and certainly did not go as planned. The plan was that my two daughters were going to drive up, making a detour to Kamloops (where we lived for a while) to pick up some stuff for my younger daughter. From there, the plan was that they would drive to Kelowna, stay the night and head back to the coast on Tuesday morning. Well, that didn't quite happen. They got to Kamloops (oh, I forgot to mention that they had my granddaughter with them and my younger daughter is seven months pregnant) just fine, made a couple of stops and headed my way. And then the car died.

When I got home from work at about 2:30 p.m., there was a frantic message on the answering machine. We managed to get in touch while I was on the road (thanks, Carol!) and a couple of hours later I was in Kamloops to pick up the girls and all their paraphernalia. Today, I drove them back to Kamloops to pick up the car and the younger daughter's stuff and they're on their way back home. Hopefully, all goes well on their trip home.

In the interim, they had a nice mini vacation by the lake, and I got re-acquainted with my 14 month old granddaughter. She's a cutie, with a lively, sweet personality (much like her grandmother according to my mother). She captured the hearts of everyone she encountered here, that's for sure! I'll post pictures some time this weekend.

On the knitting front, I haven't been doing much, really. I'm working on a pair of work socks for John. He started a new job at a local restaurant recently and needs good socks in his work shoes. I'm working on a couple of baby things for the new baby and still continuing on some of the other projects I've been working on. Once I've recuperated from having all this company, I'll post some more pictures.

For now, though, I'm just going to vegetate for a bit. Hmmmm... I think a nice bath may be in order. Hopefully, by the time I've done my bath, that husband of mine will be home. I'm beginning to forget what he looks like (not really, but he IS working very long days).

No comments:

Post a Comment