Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Persistance Pays

All weekend long, the corners of my scarf have been niggling at my mind.. how will they be done so they lie nicely? Yesterday John suggested I simply go ahead and start the border and the corners might take care of themselves. So, while he was mowing the lawn and puttering around the deck, I did. And you know what? He was right!



See that lovely little triangle? It worked! I'm pleased with how the corner lies and I don't think it looks half bad. Now, I'm in the process of charting the whole thing and knitting it. I'll know soon whether or not I like this edging with the pattern stitch I'm using for the body of the scarf.

I've also picked up the Heavenly Camisole again. I really want to get it done as it is very pretty and I know I will get a lot of use out of it. When the temperature is in the 30's (that's well into the 80's for my American friends), though, knitting is not high on my list of things to do. The hands get sticky with sweat and the yarn sticks to the needles. I am trying to do at least a few rounds daily. The pattern calls for 14 repeats; I have 10 so far. That's for the body of the cami; then it's split front and back and worked back and forth.

On another note, we got a Fibretrends order in this week (at the store). We ordered some shawl and lace patterns and I've already bought three of the patterns. They are: the Pacific Northwest shawl, the Seascape shawl and the Estonian Garden wrap & scarf. Now, I'm keeping my eyes open for appropriate yarns to use for these projects.

Do you get the idea that I love lace knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment