Saturday, July 23, 2005

A visit to the frog pond

*Big sigh*

The Field of Flowers scarf was coming along nicely. The two yarns knitted together (one kid merino and silk, the other pure merino wool) felt like it had angora in it. It was lovely. Was. I worked on it a little bit yesterday, seeing it was a rainy, icky day, and I suddenly didn't want to be knitting it anymore. For one thing, I'd made a mistake somewhere (couldn't find it), so my stitch count was out. For another, I really wasn't happy with the width; it's just a bit wider than I like a scarf to be.

So I frogged it. For those of you who don't know what that means, it's a reference to the sound frogs make... ribbit, ribbit.. or rip it, rip it...

I will probably do the scarf again, but narrower. As well, I wasn't really happy with the corners. The way this scarf is constructed, you knit the bottom border first, then pick up stitches for the body and the right side border. Basically, it's worked almost in a U shape and that's how the corners wanted to go, too... rounded. They didn't lie nice and flat. Now that I know how the scarf is constructed, though, I may even try to design my own.

Oh well... one less project to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment