Thursday, February 02, 2006

One more FO for January

It's a lovely morning here in the Okanagan. I just got back from a one-hour walk. And it's only 9 a.m.! I wonder what the rest of the day will bring.

As far as knitting goes, this week I finally finished John's second work sock. It's about time, too. He started a new job this week. As a matter of fact, I have today all to myself! Anyway, here's a picture of the socks. They're pretty basic.



I've also sold some of my knitting. A young friend saw the moebius hat I made and fell in love with it instantly. She HAD to have it, so I sold it to her. Now, she's got me making another two of the hats because two of her friends each want one, too. And wrist warmers. I have to make another two pairs of those, too. It's a good thing Tara's moving back to Ontario in a couple of months; I wouldn't have time to knit for ME if she stayed around here. It does, however, help to have a few extra dollars to spend on.......... yeah..... more yarn.

Earlier this week, I got an email from my sister in Lethbridge (Hi Gloria!). She got inspired and decided to try knitting socks (hmmm..... where'd THAT inspiration come from, I wonder). This is her first pair. I'm sure it won't be her last.



She did them in Paton's Shetland Chunky (the grey) and some leftover yarn that she bought when they lived in Holland. Not bad for a first pair! I'm really looking forward to what she'll come up with for her next pair if this is the first one. She used Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns for the basic pattern. When she realized that one ball of the Shetland Chunky wouldn't finish the socks, she added the red.

I've been trying to convince her to start a blog of her own; this woman is very talented and artistic. And she's my baby sister. (Sorry Gloria.. had to throw that in... love you!)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice socks - both of you! I like the contrasting heels and toes and the little stripes at the top of John's socks. And Gloria's! Wow, I'm impressed! How cute for a first pair. I hate to tell you how boring my first socks were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria does need to start a blog. These are her 1st socks? They are gorgeous! And I love how you added those stripes on John's socks. What a neat way to tie in the toe & heels. Hope you enjoyed your day alone. ;-)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete