Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ain't Blogging Fun?

So, yesterday, I had a post already to publish. I hit "Preview" to see how it looked. And then, I'm not sure what I did, but I lost the post completely. It wasn't a long post; I was in kind of a funk. But it disappeared. And I signed out. I did not deal well with the frustration last night.

All I wanted to show you yesterday was the pair of Most Basic Socks. Yes, the pair. The second one is done. Here ya go...



I've decided I love these. They've been on my feet since I got up this morning. I LOVE the colours. And, did you just happen to notice there's no pattern? I mean, the colours don't repeat in any kind of order. Looking at the original ball of yarn, I could have sworn there'd be a "pattern". There isn't.

Today was a day for experimenting. We're talking food this time, not knitting. I love crackers. My favourites have always been Stoned Wheat Thins, but lately I'm finding that they have an almost stale flavour. I'll eat them, but I'm not enjoying them as much as I used to. So, I went hunting for cracker recipes yesterday. I found two to try; one is a Saltine recipe. The other is a Flax cracker. I tried the flax crackers first. Yummm! Nice flavour, nice texture. Good with cheese; good with cream cheese; good with peanut butter; good with butter (my personal nemesis.. love it, but the fat... *sigh*), good on their own. This afternoon, I tried the saltines. The flavour is a little on the bland side, the texture is not like the Premium Plus saltines at all (heavier), but we discovered they're great with soup.

I'll post the recipe for the Flax crackers on my recipe page one of these days (got more knitting to do today). Now, back to my knitting. I'm re-doing the Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave Knits, Winter 05. You know, the ones I frogged? This time, I'm using a different yarn, a different cast on (tubular) and a longer heel flap. I'll stay with the star toe that's in the pattern, though. I'll show you how they're turning out later this week.

For now..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors too! They look so fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and I have knitted another Lacy rib!
    Thank you again!

    http://virtuella.blogdrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this yarn and these colors! Do you know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cherry,
    The yarn in these socks is Trekking XXL, colour 100, if I remember correctly. I've since washed these socks and they came out beautifully! I'd definitely use Trekking XXL again for socks.

    ReplyDelete