Friday, February 03, 2006

Another post???

Ok, I've got four days off. John's working. What else am I supposed to be doing? Besides knitting, that is. And since my adventures in knitting yesterday were not very successful, I decided to re-do the Embossed Leaves socks. You know, the one from the latest Interweave Knits. The one that I've already frogged twice. And I'm subjecting you to the process. Evil, aren't I?



I've already done actual tubular cast on in these pictures because I didn't think about taking pictures until I'd already gotten to this point. I did it the way knitty.com posted it. I'll put that link in my sidebar as well, just for the sake of convenience. In these pictures, I've taken out half of the original backward loop cast on.



I really like the look of this cast on. If you remember my other post about the Embossed Leaves socks, you'll remember I frogged the last one because the cast on was way too snug for my liking. This time, I did the original cast on on 3 mm needles, worked the four rows of stocking stitch and the pick up row on the same needles, 3 mm. Then I transferred the stitches to the needles I'll be using for the rest of the sock, 2.25 mm (I do believe that's US 1). As of my writing this, the ribbing is almost to one inch and I'm debating whether or not I really want to do the embossed leaves pattern or pick one of my own choosing. After all, I do have all four of the Barbara Walker treasuries. I have a lot of choice.

I will stay with the star toe that the Embossed Leaves socks uses. I really do want to see how that one knits up. I'll keep you posted.

I'd also like to leave you with another link to check out. On January 21, one of CBC radio's programs, North by Northwest, did an entire show about knitting. I missed it, but that's not the point. I tried to find the archive to the entire show, but couldn't find it. I did, however, find some of the interviews featured on the show. They're interesting. Now I wish I had gotten up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning to hear the show..... NOT! Anyway, check it out. Just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment