Right now, most of the projects I'm working at finishing are projects that require concentration (like, at least 2 lace shawls and a lacy shrug). Socks are great tv knitting. So, I cast on for another pair of socks for John.
The yarn is a yarn from Holland. It's a 4 ply fingering weight sock yarn called Sterka (the word sterk means strong, in Dutch, and would be pronounced the way you'd pronounce stair-ka), 75% wool and 25% polyamide, 380 metres in a 100 gram ball. I was given 1 1/2 balls, plenty for a pair of socks. This yarn has a much more "wooly" feel to it than almost any sock yarn I've knit with so far. It's a good thing John has no sensitivity to wool and doesn't mind a slightly scratchy yarn; I find it a little coarse to knit with, but I'm sure they'll make good, strong socks. And, most importantly, he likes them!
Here's a close-up of the yarn (and heel flap)...
The colour is pretty close to the actual colour, muted, neutral, just the way John likes them.
Now, for something totally different. We'll see how well (if at all) this works. Photobucket, where all my blog pics are stored, has a neat little feature I was playing around with this morning. You can put together your own little remix, incorporating pictures, video, text, music, etc. I decided to put together a remix of some of the projects of the past year (or so).