Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Post of '07

First off, I hope you all have a Happy New Year; I hope 2008 brings you much joy and lots of FO's! ;)


I have one last finished object to share with you.


Photobucket


I started these in March '07 (click here). I finished them last night and they are now happily residing in John's sock drawer.

The yarn (to rehash) is Scheepjes (pronounced like "scape-yes") Invicta Extra, colour #1361, a lovely charcoal grey with a black and white thread running through it. I used 2 balls on 2.25 mm (US 1) double pointed needles.

I should have had these finished a long time ago, but once I got to the gusset stitches, I simply lost interest. Now, I don't have to look at them anymore. They're done. (and just what will I do with the other 4 or so balls of this yarn I've got.... hmmm... might make nice gloves)

There was a chance of one more FO for 2007, but I'm not going to push it. I'd rather take my time and make the scarf a suitable length instead of just trying to get things off the needles. It will be my first FO of 2008. Sounds good to me!

Have a great night, all... see you next year!

2 comments:

  1. I can see you have made yourself to home in your new place, and I would assume all is going well. Wonderful!!

    Congratulations on getting John's socks finished, and with some yarn left over too!! Whoopee!! I've come that close in the past too. Scary, isn't it?

    Hope you have a great 2008! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scheepjes yarn! My 'Ginny' sweater is their "Luzern" yarn which I believe is now discontinued. I'll bet those socks are really comfy.But, I'll bet that plain color was truly boring, I always say that bright, self-patterning yarn knits up so much faster than plain yarn! Good luck on finishing them!!

    ReplyDelete