Sunday, January 13, 2008

Photos and stuff

I tried to post this yesterday, but Blogger was having none of it. When I hit the button to publish, all that published was the post title. So, I'm trying again today.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself these days, knitting-wise, at least. By January 10, I had three projects off the needles: the Icelandic shawl, the Malabrigo Lace scarf and the Little Arrowhead cardi (yes, Robbyn, she is finally off the needles; just need to sew the underarm seams and that will be done today). I've also frogged one project; the Luna Moth shawl, which was gorgeous, was being stubborn and while sliding the stitches up the needle, decided to get sticky. Close to 30 stitches popped off the needle and started to undo. I had no patience with that and frogged all of it. Oh well, the hemp will be used for something else one of these days.

Because of all my finished projects, I, with no iota of guilt, cast on for a new project. I'm using the leftovers from the Icelandic Shawl to create a Pi Shawl, as designed and written by Elizabeth Zimmermann. I'm following her basic instructions and using lace stitches of my own choosing (from Barbara Walker, so far). Right now, I'm up to 288 stitches and am working my second lace pattern. Once I increase to 576 stitches, I'll change stitch patterns again, and possibly yarn colour. Because I'm using what was left, I've started with what I have most of, the light gray; then I'll go to the cream and, finally, end with the charcoal for the edging. I'm having a lot of fun working on this shawl right now. I will post pictures, but not with this post.

Today's post is for other photos. I said I'd take some "artsy" shots and I leave you with those.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment