Monday, January 07, 2008

The First FO's of 2008!

One picture, two finished objects, no artsy shots... yet.

Photobucket

And, the Icelandic shawl before blocking...

Photobucket

As well as a close-up...

Photobucket
The scarf in the first shot is from Victorian Lace Today, by Jane Sowerby. It's the "Scarf with the striped border from Weldon's, Volume 5, 1890". Yes, that's the title. As I said in my last post, the yarn for the scarf is Malabrigo lace, on 4.0 mm (US 6?) needles.
The yarn for the Icelandic shawl is a Swedish yarn, Gastrike Lace, in 3 natural shades, worked on 4.0 mm needles. Each skein had 660 yards per 100 grams and I probably have enough to make another shawl, changing the colours around. I really enjoyed knitting the shawl. I'm not the greatest or most patient when it comes to blocking, but I'm happy with the result nonetheless.
Once both are dry, it will be time for artsy shots. As artsy as I can make them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Ev! I love the colors in that shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - that shwal really takes your breath away, doesn't it?

    I'm seriously going to have to have another look at it - that's just too beautiful for words. What a glorious job you did!

    ReplyDelete