Friday, February 09, 2007

Where am I and What am I doing?

Today is one of those days. You know what I mean; you can't settle in any one spot, it seems that whatever you put your hands to feels wrong. I've been up for hours and I could go right back to bed and sleep. It's gray and foggy outside and it's gray and foggy in my brain for some reason. Just one of those days, yanno?

I mentioned that I have tons of knitting to show you. And you know what? I can't think of anything to show you right now. I know I've been knitting. I know there are things I could show you, but do you think I can remember what I wanted to show you?

There is this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I started this in December, while staying at a friend's home. It's the Estonian Garden Wrap from Fibertrends. I haven't worked on it since, mainly because of the move. It will wait patiently for brighter weather. In the meantime, I'm working on John's sweater again. Yes, I finally found it buried in the garage. Over the last 48 hours, I've almost knitted up two more balls of yarn on the body of the sweater. I still need to find my notebook, the one with the directions I wrote for the second sleeve; I haven't come across it yet.

Oh, I did finish the Baby Albert jacket. I haven't taken pictures of it yet; it needs buttons, which I'll be hunting for later today. That was a simple, mindless knitting project; it was perfect for TV knitting. For more TV knitting (and SnB knitting), I've cast on for another project, this time for myself. It is, again, out of Sally Melville's Knit Stitch book, the "Where's the Opaque" top. I'm using Super 10 Butterfly cotton in a lovely shade of aqua. One of the girls at work helped me pick the colour. I'll post pictures when there's a little more than 1.5" of garter stitch to show. After all, one can only post so many pictures of garter stitch knitting. Everyone knows what it looks like and a simple band of garter stitch isn't terribly exciting.

Things are settling down a bit here. We've unpacked the necessities; John's been busy organizing and cleaning the garage, making room for my stash and all the other stuff that won't find it's way into the house. Yesterday, after work, I cut down some of the existing curtains and made shorter curtains for the kitchen windows. As much as we love having the sunlight (when it arrives) streaming in through the windows, we also appreciate our privacy at night. To that end, curtains should look nice and windows that are only 2' in height don't need curtains that are 6' long. I'm very pleased with how the shortened curtains turned out; I haven't done much sewing in the last years.

Now, I think it's about time I got dressed (I'm still in my sweats) and did something constructive. I'm not sure just what that might be, but something at any rate. Maybe I should hunt down some inspiration for new patterns.... hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy - hate those kind of days when you're both bored and restless at the same time and nothing you can think of to do alleviates anything at all.

    Maybe make brownies?

    ReplyDelete