Sunday, February 11, 2007

On a different note...

I have a routine. Each morning, when I get up, I start the coffee and turn on the computer. Then, with coffee in hand, I sit down and check Bloglines, check emails, see what's new in the Yahoo groups I'm part of and then check my blog.

Each morning, I look to see how many visitors I've had. The most fascinating part of that stat occurs when I click on that number and I'm taken to the sitemeter website and I can see where people are coming from, how they found my blog and what they're clicking on. It always amazes and fascinates me.

I'm not sure which visitor to my blog is farthest away, but there have been visitors from all over the world. Literally. I've had visitors from India, Ukraine, all over Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil... almost every continent has been represented. This morning, there was one location that really surprised me... the Faro Islands. Yes, the place where Faroese shawls originated.

I think the thing that amazes me, pleases me, surprises me, the most is that I can sit here, in my little corner of the world and write something that people from all over the world can read in their little corner of the world. It certainly makes the world a smaller place, doesn't it?

To all of you who visit, welcome to my little corner of the world. Stay a while. Leave a note. I'm pleased you came to visit; I only wish it could be face to face.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished a pair of creeping vines. I love themCome visit them at
    http://tincantextiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete