Monday, February 26, 2007

Knitting? Not so much

Could we please just fast forward through February? It's been a month to forget. Knitting has been intermittent and frustrating. Still is, to a large degree. The Estonian Garden scarf that was coming along so nicely has been frogged and re-started. I'm back to where it was in the last picture, 13 or so repeats. What happened? I lost my place, got totally confused and frustrated. So I frogged it. Drastic, I know. I simply didn't have the patience to tink lace weight yarn at 10:00 p.m.

Now, as I said, I'm back to where I was. There's a mistake near the beginning (a forgotten yarn over that I didn't notice until 2 repeats later); now, the rest can be perfect. I can hope, right? Oh well. That's the joy of knitting lace, isn't it? It's coming along nicely and will continue to do so as long as I stay away from the wine while I'm knitting.

John is home again; he and his father got home on Saturday afternoon, after what was, apparently, a stress-filled drive. It was snowing here when I got up. That means the mountain passes could be ugly. When my daughter called around noon to let me know that John and his dad had just left her place, she mentioned that they were getting rain and snow and that it was not pretty. What should have been a 4-5 hour drive took them almost 7 hours. John said that the Coquihalla connector was pretty bad, with only one lane of traffic each way, and a few cars off the road. However, they made it home safe and sound.

While waiting for them, I spent the afternoon baking. I made a batch of Heart Healthy Bran Muffins (recipe is on my recipe page), Flax Crackers, and three kinds of cookies, two of which are Dutch specialties, Jan Hagel cookies and Boterkoek (butter cake). It all went over VERY well with the guys. That always feels good.

When my daughter called, she mentioned that John had a kiss for me, from Little Miss Trinity. He also had a gift for us from Trinity...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Apparently, she loves to paint. What a lovely little treasure from a lovely little girl! (And it's not refrigerator art!) Not bad for an almost-three year old.

3 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear everyone made it home safely. For me there is nothing more stressful that driving in the snow. Does really terrible things to my blood pressure and respiration rate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad painting at all...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful little treasure. I'd throw some clear coat over it and keep it forever.

    ReplyDelete