Friday, February 02, 2007

No Knitting Yet

...not that I'm not knitting, but for today, no knitting content. I've just been wandering around the suite with my camera and thought I'd share our new place with you.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The kitchen, part of it actually. I was standing in the dining area, where we don't have a table yet. The table will be picked up tomorrow, along with a few other pieces of furniture too big for the two of us to move by ourselves.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The, ummm... office. It used to be a little boy's bedroom. I really can't say that I like the blue stripes, but I really don't know that I want to start painting. This little (and it IS little) room will also become my closet. John will be putting up some clothes rods (what are they called.. you know what I mean) as there are no closets in this entire suite.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The laundry and entrance area. Don't you just LOVE the floor tiles... a throwback to the 70's for sure.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The suite used to be two separate, very small suites and this area used to be the kitchen of the bachelor suite. It includes a tiny bathroom (shower, toilet and the tiniest sink I've ever seen). The furnace is also in that area, behind a wicker curtain.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, finally, the living room. As you can see, we're certainly nowhere close to being settled yet. We're still waiting for one long (8 feet) sofa before we can start fitting everything in.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not to worry, we have artwork that will cover that top part of the fireplace quite nicely. John's mother was an artist and we have quite a few pieces of her art. As well, I have a number of original pieces of art that will grace the walls of this place very soon. I have to tell you, this is not the "nicest" place we've lived in. We're not sure how long we'll be here, but at least it's a roof over our heads, it's got running water, it's close to work and shopping and we know it's not permanent. It will do. And you can bet, between John and myself, we'll make it cozy and comfortable. (He loves to decorate, too... did I mention he's a keeper?)

And there you have it... our new home. Nothing fancy, nothing special. A place to live. A winter of memories.

Next post.. knitting. I promise!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Home, Ev. While it may not be decorated the way you like, it looks clean and as you've said is close to the amenities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go! Enjoy it for what it is and when it's time to move on, you'll know :)

    Me, I'd be absolutely *living* in the NON-public shower :) You'd have to serve me dinner in a closed tupperware bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm, safe & water just about everything covered. Conga rats on being in the new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing it's not permanent will make is easier to bear the imperfections. Meanwhile its a place you and John can afford, you are together, conveniently located and life could be a whole lot worse (like's the way it's been for the past 6 weeks, let's say!)

    Congrats on getting your nest together. Spring must be coming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting into the new place (yes, I'm a little behind on blog reading). I think my mom had the same flooring back in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete