Saturday, April 03, 2010

That Was Then

Just two days ago, I did say that I didn't need another knitting project, didn't I? I thought so. Well, that was then and this....

... is now. After swatching for Summit, I realized I had THE perfect yarn for it. Handmaiden Yarns Sea Silk. And it IS perfect! The yarn has a lovely sheen to it and will have (I think) just the right amount of drape for this pattern. I couldn't resist it's siren call.

Knitting isn't all I've been doing this weekend. I also made these lovelies. I've been baking for a long time and I have to say that these are the best cinnamon buns I've ever tasted, let alone made. They are really, really decadent and delicious!


After I'd glazed them, John had to help by cleaning all the dribbles off the counter. Such hard work! They were barely cooled and we already had one eaten. Incidentally, if you do make these buns, be advised that I only made a half recipe. The recipe calls for a 9x13" pan and an 8x8" pan. I used an 8x10" (ish) pan and made 8 large cinnamon buns.

The recipe is definitely a keeper!


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those cinnamon buns do look good. My kids wish I would make them more often. Sometimes I cheat and make a loaf of bread with a sweet cinnamon swirl in it when I'm making other plain loaves. But it's not quite as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Ev, the colour is perfect. Love it!
    I can hear those sirens too, and I'm shipwrecked all the time... (did so again today...)

    The cinnamon buns look great (together). How long did they last..

    ReplyDelete