Friday, January 01, 2010

Just Sqeaked In Under the Wire

I managed to squeak in one more finished object before the end of 2009! Below is the "Scarf with No. 20 Edging" from Victorian Lace Today. It came off the needles (and crochet hook) before it was time to get ready for our New Year's Eve entertainment (we were invited to a NY party).

The scarf is soaking, in preparation for blocking, at the moment and will likely be dry by tonight.


This was, once I really got down to it, an enjoyable project. The yarn is really nice... soft, cushy and just plain touchable! It is, as I wrote in a previous post, Fleece Artist's Suri Blue (50% Suri Alpaca, 50% Blue Face Leicester wool, 600m/100gm), in the colourway "Buttercream". John wasn't too sure of the colour at first, but now that the scarf is off the needles, he really likes it. So do I. Buttercream is a good name for the colour; it is a creamy, buttery yellow.

With the way 2009 ended (finishing up 2 projects in the space of a week), I'm really on a finishing kick right now. On my Ravelry project page, I have 12 (yes, I know) works in progress (WIPs); I've been looking at those items wondering which one to finish next. There are a number of small projects, like the Vanalinn gloves and the Lilac Mittens, which could easily be finished in a day or two and there are three shawls to finish, Icarus, Zetor and Aeolian #2. I'm just not sure which project to pick up and finish next. Such a dilemma!

Anyway, I don't think there will be much knitting done today. We had a really nice New Year's Eve, but I'm afraid the wine was just a little too tasty and I'm a little wobbly-headed today. I think blocking the scarf will be about all I can handle today... well, maybe some mindless knitting of some kind.

I hope you all had a great 2009 and I hope for each of you that 2010 (that's not easy to type!) will be a happy, prosperous year, filled with all good things (and lots of yarn!) From our home to yours, Happy 2010!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful lace, as ever....happy knitting, good health and happiness in 2010,
    nicola

    ReplyDelete