Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Power of Four

If you read this blog regularly, you know that I rarely participate in memes. Well, today's different. Louisa, of Damselfly's Delights, named me as one of four people who she thought might respond. That's a challenge, don't you think? So, here goes...

Four places I go regularly: my LYS (duh!), the grocery store across the street, the Bibles for Missions Thrift shop in the strip mall where I work, the bulk food store in the same mall
Four favourite smells: popcorn, bread baking, basil, and Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey pour Homme (when it's on John.. it drives me wild! TMI??)
Four TV shows I watch: CSI (Las Vegas), Law & Order SVU, NCIS (the original), Jeopardy
Four people I think will respond: Nicola, Gloria, Sandie, and Robbyn (but don’t feel you have to)


Okay, what’s your power of four? Feel free to respond if you'd like; I'm not tagging anyone, not forcing anyone, but if you'd like to, please feel free!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I got to work this morning, I wondered why there was someone in red standing at the street corner with a camera around her neck. Then I wondered why Sam (my boss' 4 y.o daughter) was at work when it wasn't a preschool day. I was informed that the Olympic torch was supposed to be coming by in a little while.

Now, I'm not huge on the Olympic hype, they're games, yanno? Last night, there was a big party at City Park, with 20,000 people in attendance. I was not one of them; I don't do crowds by choice. But when the torch passes directly in front of your place of employment... Well, I went out with the rest of the group that had gone to the curb to watch the mini parade.

These aren't my pictures. My boss graciously allowed me to download his pictures and use the ones I wanted. Thanks Phil!

1 comment:

  1. You have me beat here. I've never seen an Olympic Torch in progress, and in person. Pretty neat.

    I am NOT a sports person at all, but for some reason I love the Winter Olympics. Not the Summer games, just the Winter ones. So I'll glued to the TV watching, no doubt.

    As to the Power of Four, I'll think on it. LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete