Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Warm Hands FO

John has a new pair of mittens! And he loves them! They only took two days to knit up and that's only because I had to go to work.

They're not perfect. There are some imperfections in one glove and on the fingertip of the second glove, I dropped a k2tog without realizing it until John held up a mittenend finger with a hole at the tip. *sigh* It's been sutured and is fine now.

All in all, I'm happy with how these mittens turned out. The pattern is more than a little confusing in a couple of spots, but once I got through the first mitt, the second was a breeze. I can see making more of these. They're just so warm and cozy (according to John).

Now, I'm going to knit mittens for myself. I have the pattern, I have the yarn, I've started the knitting, and I left the pattern at work today. That's just the kind of day it's been.




2 comments:

  1. They look great Ev - I have an old, softcover book with a gunner's mitten pattern in it but this is the first time I've seen it made up.

    If I'd been trying to manage all that stranding, I'd not only have lost the k2tog, I'd have lost my mind!

    Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique design for mittens/gloves, whatever?? The color is warm and lovely, and the pattern would have me seeing things, but you did beautiful work, as always. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete