I've been very good about working on a limited number of projects, trying to finish up a few things before moving on to other projects. Yesterday was spent working on John's "On Your Toes" socks.
On Saturday, I got to this point...
That's sock #2. See that little ball of yarn? See the sock and how much more I need to do? John's socks require a foot length of 9.25" before starting the decreases for the toe; that sock is at about 7". I was more than a little concerned. That was Saturday. Yesterday, I weighed sock #1; it was 48 grams. Then I weighed another ball of the same yarn that was/is in my stash. It weighed 96 grams (wait a second, the ball band says 100 grams! That's 4 grams less than what I paid for!). That meant I had 48 grams remaining for the second sock; it should be enough, right?
This is all that remains of the yarn. It was, indeed, enough; just barely, but it was. And the socks?
John loves them! They fit him well and I have a feeling they'll be staying on those feet till he goes to bed tonight. I had only one small glitch; at one point, about halfway through the toe shaping of the second sock, I found I'd dropped a stitch about an inch down; I sutured it. There was no way I was going to frog it back to pick it up. It's invisible and well anchored. I'm such a rebel!
Now, I've pulled out another pair of socks for him that needs finishing. I'm hoping to have that pair (one's already done and the second was up to the point of picking up gusset stitches) done by the end of today. This pair is stocking stitch from the heel down and that will go faster than ribbing. I'll post pictures and details when they're actually finished; I did post about this pair before, but I can't even remember when I started them. It's been a while!
Back to knitting!