Monday, March 26, 2007

This, that, and some other things

This past weekend, a customer (and reader of this blog) commented that I hadn't been posting as much lately. She's right. I've been working quite a few hours in the last couple of weeks; our knitting instructor has been away on vacation and I was asked to take over the classes for a two-week period. That ends this week. By next week, I'm back to regular hours, which will give me more time for both blogging and knitting. Gotta love that!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the kit that will be going out to Heike when I make it to the post office. I apologize for taking so long, Heike, but it WILL be mailed today, hopefully.

Knitting... that's what this blog is supposed to be about, right? Well, I really haven't done a lot of knitting this week. I have, however, been working on this...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The yarn is Scheepjes Invicta Extra, colour 1361, worked on 2.25 mm needles. John commented that he really needs more socks, so I dug into my stash and came out with this yarn. I've probably had it for about 6 years. He feels that these will be more dress socks than work socks, but at least he's getting socks. The pattern? None, really. It's a knit 3, purl 1 rib and will be down the top of the foot as well. I used a twisted German cast on, 72 stitches, 1x1 rib for 1.25", then 3x1 rib for the rest of the sock. I can type it out and post it if anyone wants me to. Just let me know.

The Estonian Garden Shawl in alpaca and my mother's Estonian Garden scarf are gaining a little in length, but slowly. I've also started a second EG scarf for a mystery project. The scarves are so nice to work on right now because they're light. My right wrist has been bothering me a bit lately, but I simply CANNOT stop knitting, can I?

For today, I don't think much knitting will be accomplished. Yesterday, I cooked up two chickens, with plans to make chicken pot pies today. I also cooked up two small meat loaves. The intention is that there be some good, easy to prepare foods handy for John's dad when both John and I are at work. He tends not to eat much when he's here by himself. I think he just forgets to eat. On days that we're both working, it's my intention to put a lunch out for him, with step by step instructions on how to warm it, if necessary.

And, with the chicken carcasses, you can be sure a pot of soup will be produced, too. The carcasses were roasted and stock prepared last night. Yum... now I'm getting hungry!

I will leave you with an artsy shot. There are a lot of bloggers who participate in Eye Candy Friday. That's just too regimented for me. This yard has some interesting stuff around it. B, who lives upstairs, has a taste for antiques and eclectic things, so now and then I'll post a picture of something I find interesting around here.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love dragonfly motifs.
    Hope you have a chance to stop by BLENZ on Thursday the 5th; that might be my last Kelowna SnB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter :-) I love presents all time.

    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks. The last pair I made was charcoal men's size 13, which I think might be why I haven't knit any since. But they were such nice socks! Looking at yours, I remember the part I enjoyed rather than the squintint at all those tiny dark stitches, so, thank you for rekindling the interest there. I'd needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all is well at your end of the continent :) Lovely dragon fly - is it a hook or a pull? Whatever it reminds me that we used to have room for whimsy in manufacturing and wish we still did.

    ReplyDelete