Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday, Monday

Got stuff to show you today. I've been playing over the weekend, with my knitting, that is.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The halfdome hat from Knitty. It should be finished, but at this stage I got an idea for another hat that I just HAD to start. Twice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The only reason I had to start it twice was because I decided to put in a purl row just past the roll brim. About four inches later, I decided that the purl row didn't really add to the overall look of the hat, so I frogged it back to that point. It's not much fun frogging a 2-colour project, no matter how small it is. I'm calling this one a Bubble Head Hat (I think). It's being worked in Fleece Artist Merino Dk and Gjestal Superwash on a 4.0 mm circular needle.

The young roomie and I had a conversation about hats yesterday. She showed me some of her favourite hats and what "boarders" are looking for in their hats and how much they're willing to pay for said hats. Guys will pay more than girls will, but girls will pay up to $50 without batting an eyelash if they really like a hat... or feel they need it. That's for machine knit hats. According to her, the hats coming off my needles could fetch a goodly sum of coin. Nice to know.

Then, some not-knitting stuff...

Both John and I got up from our chairs at the same time when we heard a bird screeching quite loudly yesterday. You could tell it was quite a large bird and it was loud and it was close. Perched at the top of a tree, we saw this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...and a little closer...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A moment later (I tried to capture it on film, but I wasn't quick enough), he swooped, caught what looked like a mouse and flew off. It's like watching the nature channel on TV, but it's in our own backyard. Pretty amazing!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I took this picture this morning. It's a rainy, dull day here today, so John can't sit at the outside table to read his paper. The chairs against the window are protected somewhat by an overhang, so that's where he had his first cup of coffee, cigarette and the Globe & Mail. Romeo (the cat) didn't want to go outside again (he'd been out all night already), but wanted to stay close to the humans.

Hopefully, today I will finish the Bubble Head hat and the halfdome hat. That's my plan, anyway. If today is anything like yesterday, John may have other plans for me, plans that entail work around the house and very little knitting.

Oh, Gloria? I don't think startitis is contagious. Maybe it's hereditary. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I used to see osprey almost daily when I lived in NORTHERN Northern California (Humboldt County); they're one of my favorites. I've only seen one in thirteen years in Southern Arizona. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in the Bubble Head Hat are beautiful. Can't wait to see that one finished. Nice view you have there while reading the paper.

    ReplyDelete