Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Is it just me?

Or is it slow everywhere today? Photobucket took forever to load pictures today and Blogger's slow for me, too. Oh well, I'm here now and I have a few finished objects to show you.

First, the halfdome hat, from Knitty, is done and has already been given away to one of the roomies. He shaves his head and it looks really good on him, so it is now his.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'd do it again. It was a quick knit and looks good. I did make one small alteration from the pattern; I dislike sewing so I knitted it in the round instead. If you choose to do that as well, don't forget to decrease the cast on by 2 stitches (selvedge stitches) and work only the decreases between the **.

Then, the Bubble Head hat is finished as well. Again, this was a fun hat to knit and I'm really happy with the results. The pattern is almost ready. Sorry, but it will not be posted online.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our roomie, as I stated before, showed me her favourite toques. One of them was a very simple one, worked in k2, p2 checkerboard pattern. At the store, I found a really chunky yarn and decided to try a hat in that same design. The yarn used in this one is Online Linie 60 Tondo, 100% wool, 45 m per ball. The ball tag calls for 12.0 mm needles, but I used 10 mm and made the called for gauge perfectly (10 sts/4"). Unfortunately, it needed about 2-3 meters of yarn from a second ball. She was very impressed with the hat and it fit her (and me) perfectly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pattern will be typed up and available here as a pdf file sometime today, hopefully. I'll be working on it right after I publish this post. The rest of my day will be spent making plum sauce, after I pick up a few supplies I'm low on.

We're definitely getting into fall here, with days that give us a little bit of rain, a little bit of sun and too much gray. When you get the little bit of rain and the little bit of sun, though, you also get this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!
    Your "Bubblehead Hat" is amazing!
    I noticed that you said it won't be available online... will you be offering it for sale? I have a 16 year old daughter that would just adore that hat!! Keep up the wonderful work on your knitting and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat collection is beautiful.

    Love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete