Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Can we get back to our regular scheduled programming now?

So, I've learned something. I've learned that I really don't like doing socks toe up. And I especially don't like the whateverit'scalledKnittypattern. I don't like working double-wrapped stitches and then having to repeat the whole thing again for the heel. In other words, I frogged the toe-up sock. The yarn is now resting comfortably in one of my many baskets, waiting to become a regular cuff down, heel flap, normal toe (maybe) sock. And I'm a lot less frustrated. Sort of.

I've had a rough couple of knitting days. After I frogged the sock, I worked on the Irish Diamond shawl for a bit... and discovered an error 2 and a half rows down. I'm still tinking that one. The light isn't good enough today (cloudy and wet out) to tink it properly. Then I cast on (or is that casted on?) for Knitty's Halfdome hat.... and discovered after two rounds that I'd cast on an extra stitch. I put the knitting away and pulled out a bottle of white wine (Hardy's Gewurtztraminer Riesling, from Australia, in case you're interested). I figured the knitting gods were NOT with me that day and it would be best to wait for another day to again pick up the needles. In reality, I think the stress of the last two weeks and missing John (even though we're in the same house, he has to lie down for 18 hours per day this week, which means he can't keep me entertained....er company). I'm not complaining, just saying I miss him, the way he usually is yanno?

Anyway, I've gotten a few comments about favourite socks. So far, it's pretty evenly divided between cuff down and toe up. I'm finding your comments interesting and there are some good suggestions there. Remember, you've got two weeks to let me know about your favourite kind of sock to knit. I'm going back to my knitting now... well, after I clean up the brunch dishes.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your entertainment is back on his feet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for toe up socks either, never could get them to look the way I wanted. But have finally figured out the ML method, now use it for legs of socks then switch to 2 16 inch circs for foot (cause I use a 2 mm on bottom and 2.5 mm on top).

    ReplyDelete