Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bits and Pieces

In her comment yesterday (thanks for all the complimentary comments, by the way!), Leslie asked how John is doing. His eyesight seems to be improving somewhat, finally. He's over the initial pain of the laser surgery (thankfully) and he's back at work. This afternoon, he has another appointment with the local opthamologist, so we'll know a little more then. I'll keep you posted.

There's one other thing I wanted to share with you. Due to the forest fires in northern Washington state (and in one spot, it has spread to southern BC's Manning Park), there's a lot of smoke in the air, blown this way by winds coming from the south. It makes for some spectacular sunsets and sunrises.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyway, this picture doesn't even do the sight justice. The sun was as red as it's reflection on the water when I took the picture.

Off to work I go.... enjoy your day all.

Oh, just wanted to share that today three members of my immediate family go back to school and I wish them all well. That would be my two grandsons, Zachary and Adrian, and my daughter Kristen, who is going to university this year (she's the mother of my oldest granddaughter, the lovely Miss Trinity). I'm thrilled that one of my kids is finally going to get some post secondary education!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but we are building up a thin layer of ash on our patio table, and our navy blue hammock looks like it has dandruff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing the best of health for John. And isn't it strange that something so deadly and wasteful as a forest fire can make such a spectacular sight as that sunset? Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear John is feeling a little better. Best wishes for a successful year for your 3 scholars. My hat is off to your daughter for deciding to go to school for more education. It's so hard trying to balance family and school. I wish her well.

    ReplyDelete