Wednesday, August 02, 2006

No pics today

Sorry about that, but there's really not much to show you today. I AM knitting. Lace. Row by inexorable row. Icarus. Barbara. Barbara who? Or what?

Well, remember I took Myrna Stahman's book out of the library? She gives her shawls women's names. I started the Barbara shawl. I like it. The Faroese shaping intrigues me. For those of you not familiar with Faroese shawls, they incorporate shoulder shaping in the shawl, as well as a back "gusset". The shoulder shaping keeps the shawl on your shoulders without having to hold it in place constantly. I've been intrigued with Faroese shawls ever since I read about them. It was very hard to choose one.

What is it about lace knitting that's so addictive? I'm having a lot of fun working on these two shawls. I know I said I wanted Icarus off the needles before I started another one, but I just couldn't resist. I'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow of both shawls.

Also, I want to draw your attention to my sidebar. I've added two links in (you'll never guess) the Links section. One is to John's blog; he's got nothing posted there yet, but it will be his place to vent about whatever topic he chooses to vent about. The other is my sister's blog. I finally convinced her to start one. The working title is "Capricious Cogitation". In her words, "Expect to see photos (I like taking pictures), updates on whatever project I am working on, reviews of books and movies I liked, my thoughts on art and the creative process, and whatever else I feel like posting about (hmm..food?)". She's even more creative than I am.

That's it for today. Oh, except for one last thought. The comments on my last post were much appreciated and even gave me a chuckle or two. Who knows, Lisa, it might even get cold enough in this house for three shawls. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment