Tuesday, August 29, 2006

...and it's in pdf, too

The Camel Shawlette, that is. I had an email in my Yahoo account this morning asking if I could convert the file from a Word document to a pdf file. Now, normally, that's not a problem for most people. For me, though, I write my patterns in Word; on my computer, Word and Adobe Acrobat do not like each other. I have to use PageMaker (which I love, but don't use for writing my patterns). So, I had to design my template in PageMaker, copy and paste all the individual bits of the pattern, save it and print it to Distiller.

I now have a Strings 'n Things template set up in PageMaker. From here on in, it will be easier to do up the patterns in dual formats.

As ususal, the pattern is in the "My Patterns" section in the right hand sidebar. Now, for knitting content. I'm being seduced. Truly, I am. There's this pattern that's calling my name with a siren voice. I'm not sure how long I can resist it. I'm going downstairs now to work on ... oh... maybe Icarus... maybe the Barbara Shawl... maybe John's socks....something, anything to keep me from starting Cheryl Oberle's Irish Diamond Shawl.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely shawl pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawlette is gorgeous, will go on top of my to do list and I even got some yarn in my stash I know I will use for it!
    Glad to read those good news! Eye problems are really scaring...

    ReplyDelete