Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dreary, dreary



It's definitely fall in the Okanagan. Today is one of those dreary days . You know the kind. It's raining. It's gray. It's difficult to get anything done because you're as restless as the sky is gray. I've been knitting a few rows on my second sock here and there. Then I get up and scan a few websites. Back to the knitting. Back to the surfing. A little cooking.. have to eat, after all. It's nearly 11 a.m. and that's how my morning's been. I just can't settle down on any one thing.

I'm trying very hard to get the mosaic socks done. Then, I'll finish the sock for the sock exhange. It doesn't have much left on it so I should be able to finish it today, too. I have one other project to work on over the next couple of days. One of my customers was having a problem with a pattern that I've done before, so she asked if I could help her get it right. I'll work on that for the next couple of days; it's a pullover with a lace insert around the arm openings. She could not get the lace panel correct. I'll be doing just the section from the sleeve shaping to the neck.

Here, by the way, is a progess picture of the mosaic socks. I like them. I can see myself using this pattern as a starting point for other socks.



Ok, on to a little more knitting...

P.S. It's now 1:22 p.m. and the mosaic socks are off the needle. Neeeeeeexxxxxt.......


2 comments:

  1. The socks are gorgeous! And so is your view, even on a dreary day. ;-)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ev,
    your mosaic socks are quite pretty! (Mine are about one inch long...) And so is your view even on such a rainy day! At least that's what I think from thousands of miles away! Over here the sun is shining right now, but even then I would prefer your rainy view!

    ReplyDelete