Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Another day, another pattern

Yes, I've written up another one. It's another scarf. I guess a part of me is still looking for that perfect scarf to go with just about every outfit I own. This one uses the leaning ladder stitch pattern from Barbara Walker's Fourth Treasury. Once you get going on the pattern, it's an easy one to read. I've already got close to 24" knit and I only worked on it for a while last night (and no, I'm not a really fast knitter... really).

Here's how it's looking so far...



Once it's done, I'll be blocking it. Though I don't mind the waviness of the left edge, I'd rather have it the same as the right edge. I'm working mine in Sirdar Country Style DK, which is an acrylic/wool/nylon blend on 4mm needles, but it could be worked in any smooth yarn, using the size of needles specified for the yarn. I was going to try it on larger needles than the yarn requires, but I do like it knit to the gauge required.

The pattern is available in my sidebar, as usual. If you do knit it, let me know... send me a picture of your finished scarf. I'd love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment