Monday, November 14, 2005

Decision made!

I've been working, a bit at a time, on my Donegal Tweed cardigan. The front of the cardigan has been on my mind for weeks now; I haven't been able to decide what kind of cable pattern I wanted to use. I do know there will be a single cable on each side of the front. Last night, while once again going through my three Barbara Walker treasuries, I found the one I want. Actually, I keep coming back to the same one. That tells me it's the one I want.

For the first time in a very long time, I did something I always tell others to do, but rarely do myself...swatch. I did a swatch of the cable pattern to see how I would like it in my chosen yarn. I sat by the fire while John watched tv from the comfort of the bed and knitted up the pattern. Here's what it looks like....



I like it. John likes it. It will be incorporated in the cardigan.

As well, I finished the child's reversible hat yesterday. I don't have time right now to take a picture, but seeing as I have tomorrow and Wednesday off, I'll take a picture then. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It will serve as a store sample for a little while and then, I think, one of my granddaughters might just get it. I have a feeling that the colours would look really sharp on Oceanna (the apple hat sure did suit her colouring). Incidentally, my daughter called yesterday to let me know that Oceanna is smiling now (6 weeks... right on time) and "talking"; you know, that lovely baby gurgling and cooing that every grandmother just adores.

And, Michelle? I'll have to try your suggestion (2 needle provisional cast on) next time I make that hat pattern, or any other pattern that calls for provisional cast on. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment