Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just another Tuesday

...and it's snowing. This is the first snow of the season to be falling at this level. I don't really think it will last long as the temperature is rising slowly, but in the meantime, it's snowing and the ground is turning white. We can barely see the other side of the lake. It's the kind of day to light a fire in the fireplace and just knit, knit, knit.

Speaking of knitting, here's the little Harlequin hat, as promised. I'll be taking it back to the store later this week, leaving it there as a sample for a while. I've also decided to make three more, one for each of my three other grandchildren. I've got the yarn picked out and am just going to finish the project I'm working on for myself (which should only take another good day or two of knitting).




On Saturday, Sandra came to the store to pick up a hand salve I had promised her. Unfortunately, I wasn't there at the time. When I got to work yesterday morning, I found a manila envelope waiting for me. In it, I found this...




Sandra, thank you so much! I love them! And, interestingly, they're different from the books Priska gave me. I know I've said it before, but one of these days, I really want to try the Innovation socks (socks knitted on two straight needles and stitched together). One of these days...

2 comments:

  1. The hat is really cute and I bet really warm. I should make a hat like this for my boys. ;-)
    I've been curious about trying the 'old' way of making socks too. I love those old sock patterns books.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in that hat. Bet it was fun to knit. Certainly never boring.

    ReplyDelete