Sunday, October 11, 2009

One Down, How Many More to Go?

I finished the first of the mittens yesterday. The second is already on the go; I've done just over 1" of ribbing. Because I don't have little hands around to try these on, I have to trust that the pattern is correct, as far as length of the hand and thumb goes.

I found it quite interesting that no matter where I looked, whether it was books I have, Ravelry or even a Google search, I couldn't find fingering weight mittens for kids. These mittens are knit with fingering weight yarn and I think they'll be just right for a West Coast winter (unless they get a colder than usual winter). And they knit up quickly! It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Now, I'm even considering making a couple pairs of little gloves. Does that make me a glutton for punishment??

No comments:

Post a Comment