Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meet Miralda

The Miralda Shawl is finished, blocked and has made her public debut! I'm really happy with this shawl; it turned out beautifully!



The yarn is Jarbo Garn's Gastrike 1 (something like that), knitted on 4.0 mm needles. Miralda is from Nancy Bush's book "Knitted Lace of Estonia".

In other knitting, I've joined a knitalong on Ravelry, for the Selbu Modern hat by Kate Gagnon. It's a fairisle-style slouchy beret. The yarns I'm using are both from my stash. I'm not sure what the coloured yarn is, but I think it's a Fleece Artist sock yarn. The other is a superwash wool fingering weight baby yarn, very nice and soft, lovely to knit with.


I'm pretty sure this will be a quick knit, even though the ribbing was done on 2.0 mm needles and the body is worked on 2.75 mm needles. What you see in the picture is what I did last night, with a couple of rounds being done during my lunch break today (a MUCH needed lunch break; I'm really busy at work right now).

Now, I'm going to knit a bit more while John's puttering around in the kitchen. He's making spaghetti sauce (for the freezer) and will then be making dinner. Yes, it's going to be a late dinner; it's already nearly 6:30 now, but it's a quick-to-make dinner. And as long as he's cooking, I'll wait.

1 comment:

  1. Miralda looks warm, soft, beautiful!
    The hat will bring some brightness and colour on those dark winter days!

    ReplyDelete