Sunday, August 31, 2008

And Now For an Update

Finally, I have some knitting content to share with you. As I've been saying, I have been knitting on the dress, though probably not as much as I should have or even could have. This picture was taken almost a week ago now, and it has progressed somewhat more that is shown.

Aug27_08

In this picture, the two pieces of the edging are completed, but not yet knitted together. In fact, they are now together on the needles and the body of the dress has been worked for a few repeats. It's looking good, if I do say so myself.

Last time I posted, I showed you the book I bought (Evelyn A. Clark's "Knitted Triangles"); a while back, I showed you the Noro Kureyon sock yarn I purchased. This past week, they came together and the resulting piece of knitting is something I think I'm going to love. All I'll show you at this point is this...

ECshawl

I must say that this has occupied my hands this past week more than anything else. I love the colours, I love the handspun feel and texture of the yarn and I love the way it's coming together.

I could say more about the pattern and yarn and all that info, but for now I need to go and get dressed, have some breakfast and generally get ready to go out. John and I are heading to the Armstrong Fair (aka IPE) for the day. The details and more pictures will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment