Friday, August 15, 2008

And now for something completely different!

I have two new blogs! Why I do this to myself I'll never know, but I did.

The first of the two new blogs is Clicks 'n Things; it takes the place of my previous photo blog. I've forgotten the password to the Wordpress photo blog and, though they can send an email with the password, the email address I used to register that blog is no longer a valid email address (thanks to the fiasco that was our move to Gibsons). I've resurrected a photo blog because it does encourage me to get out and about with my camera. That's not a bad thing. Whether or not anyone is even interested doesn't really matter; I enjoy taking pictures and some of them aren't half bad.

The second of the two new blogs is much more interesting, or could be. It begs participation. It's called Headline Hunters and you can get involved in it as well. This morning, John left a newspaper out, hoping the headline would catch my eye (even without glasses). It did. I think it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I had to do something.

Our local newspapers are rife with words used in the wrong context, typos and grammatical errors. Some of the mistakes are a source of chuckles, others a source of headshaking. I've decided to start posting them. What about you? Does your local newspaper mess up? Why not share it with the world. The details are on the new blog. I've even set up a separate email account just for the blog. Let me know what you think. Contribute to the insanity. Let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment