Thursday, December 21, 2006

Update: no knitting content

I do have knitting to show, but that's for another day. When, I'm not too sure yet. You see, we will have to move.

We got word from the neighbour yesterday that there's no way we'll have water here until the spring. I don't think we can survive that long in a house with no water.

Tonight, we're going to the local rec center for a dip in the pool, hot tub and shower (definitely a shower!). From here on, I'll check in and post when I can. Keep us in your thoughts and send good vibes for the perfect new home!

If I don't post before then, I wish you all a blessed and happy Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. I hope all your troubles melt away in the New Year and that your home will be welcoming again. Happy holidays and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ev,
    Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll find a great place - with nice clean, hot water! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find a fabulous place - and quickly! In the meantime, have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you'll have to move from your place with the lake right there! Hope you find a nice warm home with functional taps to wait out the winter in. And congrats on the new grandbaby! I've got one coming too - anytime now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best wishes that you find a new home soon. So sorry to hear of your water troubles. We survived here for a week without water, but that was in September, and it was still difficult.
    Congratulations on your new grandson! He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ev
    What a bummer, but right on top of the birth of your newest babe. Here's hoping that you find a warm and cozy home for the rest of the winter, one with a good knitting chair by the fire.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Susan on the other coast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope things get better in the new year for you! Think positive and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bummer - I know how much you love living on the lake. My house here on the pond isn't much but I would hate to leave; the peaceful atmosphere makes up for a lot of things.

    I'm sending good thoughts your way that another house on the lake is for rent - or one in a spectacular location at any rate. Write when you can - stay well and give my regards to John. It's a blow for you both.

    ReplyDelete