Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Christmas we'll remember for a long time!

This is a special post, pasted here from our family blog. Early this morning, my fifth grandchild, my third grandson was born. I'll let my eldest daughter, baby's aunt, tell the story of his birth.... She gave me permission to post it here. Please pardon the typos; after all that excitement and only three hours of sleep, I think we all understand.

Wow!

It was an amazing night last night! I received a phone call at 2 am from Alaina saying that her contractions were 10 minutes apart and that we should be on our way to the hospital, so, I got up got Trin ready and headed out the door. I had no idea what I'd be walking into.....I made it there about 10-12 minutes after her first phone call, I get in the house and there is a baby crying. At first I thought it was Oceanna, but as I turned the corner to go to her bathroom, there I see Alaina on the toilet, covered in blood with a new baby crying on the floor in front of her. Holy crap, it was crazy! I got hte phone handed to me and got walked through by the 911 operator how and what exaclty I should do, and waited for the ambulance.


Both Alaina and baby Teagan Matthew are doing just fine, he weighed in at 6 lbs 2 oz, he has some black hair on his head, and he is so darn cute!!!!!

Well that's all I can think of right now, I'm sooo tired (3 hours of sleep is not enough), but we'll put some more pictures up and update how they both are doing soon!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing birth story. Congratulations to mother, grandmother, aunt and all. Welcome to the world Teagan :) You sure looked in a hurry to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your family! Sounds like your grandson was in a real rush to get here! :-) Such a great Christmas present! Glad mother, baby and the rest of you are alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new Grandchild. Sometimes good things come to those who WORK for them!! LOL Glad everything worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!! Congratulations & what a sweet, precious baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible story. I'm glad Alaina and Teagan are both fine and well.

    ReplyDelete