Thursday, December 14, 2006

Progress and More

I have today and tomorrow off; that means I intend to spend some time working on John's sweater. When I got up this morning, coffee was first on the list and while it was brewing, I continued knitting on the first sleeve. I finished a ball of yarn and have not gotten back to it yet. I will shortly, but here's how the sweater's looking now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's not far, I know. From here on, though, it's smooth sailing. So far, I've incorporated three decreases. I wanted to pick up the stitches for the second sleeve at this point, but I've only got one 20" 4.5 mm circular, so I'll work this sleeve to the point of having to switch to double-pointed needles, then pick up the stitches for the second sleeve.

On to other things... I mentioned last time that I'm knitting another one of Elann's reversible hats out of sock yarn. This time, though, I'm knitting it from end to end, rather than from middle to end and middle to end. I've got the first half of the hat finished and have joined the solid colour.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It looks funny, doesn't it? I mean, it's just one long tube, really. Here's how it will look when finished. You'll have to use your imagination a little bit, ok?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One last picture...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When I knitted Trinity's hat (pattern will be posted either later today or some time tomorrow), I don't think I used even one half of the 100 gram ball. Since I don't like having half balls of yarn in my stash, I thought I might make a little scarf out of the remainder. To that end, I started this little project using another ball of James C. Brett's Marble and a ball of SRK's Baby Monkey. Trinity's scarf will be similar, but in the purply yarn with purple Baby Monkey.

It's a very simple scarf. Cast on 16 stitches on 8.0 mm needles using Baby Monkey. Working in stocking stitch (knit the right side, purl the wrong side), work 4 rows in BM, then 12 rows in Marble (or yarn of choice). Continue alternating in this manner (4 rows BM, 12 rows Marble) for length desired, ending with 4 rows of Baby Monkey. Cast off loosely. The scarf will curl in on itself; that's the intention. It will look more like a boa, or a tube, when it's knit in stocking stitch. I'll post pictures when it's further along.

For now, that's it. I've got Lentil soup simmering on the stove; there's laundry that needs to be put into the dryer and there's a sweater waiting patiently for me. I'll let you know when I've posted the pattern for Trinity's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment