Monday, December 18, 2006

This is NOT fun!

Not only is it not fun, it's pretty darned annoying! As of Sunday morning, we have no water. None. It seems there may be a break in the line between the pump house and the two houses it feeds. No dishes (that's ok), no baths or showers (I LOVE my baths!), no flushing the toilets... no water. We have drinking water, as we buy bottled water for drinking.

Apparently, the neighbour (who's property has the pump house on it) has called someone to check it out, but the guy never showed up today. We have no idea how long we'll be without water and with the weather staying below freezing, who knows whether they'll even be able to do anything. I am NOT impressed!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear...that is not fun! Can you melt buckets of snow to flush the toilet or wash with? Also, in the pharmacy there is waterless hair shampoo...don't remember the name but the pharmacist should know. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - that truly bites! I sincerely hope things are rectified before much longer. No water...shudders to think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I'm logging in as Hyunjee, but you know me as AO) :)

    So sorry to hear about the lack of water, Ev! I've had to boil water many times to take a hot shower (don't get me started on the landlord) but *NO* water!? Ugh! Hang in there, hopefully you'll be up and running again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed so many water line breaks on the news lately! UGH...you don't realize how much that means to you until it's not there...hope you get it back soon!

    ReplyDelete