Sunday, October 16, 2005

Generosity

I've been told a few times that I'm generous for sharing my patterns. I'm not sure that generosity has much to do with it, really. Certainly, I could be miserly and just tell you that you have to purchase my patterns. In all honesty, I'm too lazy to get everything set up to do that. It's easier to share.

And apart from that, I like the thought that somewhere out there, other knitters are knitting items that I designed. That gives me much satisfaction. It's difficult to explain. As well, I think if there was a little more of that kind of sharing, the sharing of knowledge, the world would be a better place.

Just for simplicity's sake, I've posted a pdf file of the Zig Zag Trellis scarf pattern in the sidebar. Yes, that's what it's decided it wanted to be called. It fits. Now, let's see what else I can come up with.

I think, actually, I want to start another shawl, a Faraoese shawl this time. I really want to see how they fit and feel. I'll be doing the one out of "A Gathering of Lace", I'm thinking. I had started one from Cheryl Oberle's book, "Folk Shawls", but John didn't like it at all. He said it reminded him of something an old Italian grandmother might wear and he didn't want me looking like an old Italian grandmother. I'm not Italian; I'll never be an old Italian grandmother. He was right, though, in that it was really quite a plain shawl. That was one reason I chose it; mindless knitting in front of the television while watching baseball, hockey, football or golf... the seemingly endless stream of testosterone driven entertainment that makes it's way across the television screens in this house. Hmm.. did that sound like the beginnings of a rant?

I'll keep you posted on the shawl progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment