Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Time Off

I am off for the rest of the week and with Monday being a statutory holiday here (BC day), I don’t go back to work until Tuesday. Other than needing the break, there’s a good reason for taking the time off. My daughter and her two little ones will be arriving here sometime this afternoon and I’m excited! I’m really looking forward to seeing them.

I think I have the house as 19-month-old-boy-proof as I can get it, which I’m sure probably isn’t terribly toddler-proof.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, I noticed a monarch butterfly hovering around the little stand of Echinacea. According to J, it had been around those particular flowers for most of the afternoon. Given such an opportunity, I took my camera outside and started taking pictures.

Echinacea MonarchAs always, if you click on the picture, you’ll see the bigger picture. This picture has become the background image on my computer monitor for now. The more I use my little camera, the more impressed I am with it. I didn’t use any zoom on this picture, just moved the camera in as close as I could without disturbing the butterfly.

And speaking of things in the garden, this week we had the first peaches of the season. There’s a tree in the neighbour’s yard that overhangs the fence so John picked a couple of them. They were perfectly ripe and incredibly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment