Monday, July 19, 2010

FO!

I love small projects. You know what I mean, right? I have a number of larger projects on the go (when do I not?) and even socks, though a small project, still take time.

Yesterday, I wanted a quick fix, an FO (finished object) and I knew  just what I was going to do. Shortly after Ethan was born (he's a year and a half already), I visited my daughter and we stopped in at the local yarn shop where I picked up two skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers. Already then, I had a project in mind, but without our own washing machine, I had no intention of starting.

Now, with a washer and dryer in the suite, I can once again consider felting projects, which is just what this little project is.

cloche_unfelted

This is the Folded Brim Cloche from Maggie Pace’s book “Felt It!”. I knew from the first moment I saw this hat that I wanted to make it and yesterday was my opportunity. The picture, obviously, is pre-felting. I didn’t have time for that yesterday, but I’m hoping to do it this evening, after work. Incidentally, the way I have it on in the picture does not show the true size. I can actually pull it right down over my face, but it’s a little difficult to take a picture when you can’t see what you’re focussing on.

Details? 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers, one 6.0 mm 24” circular needle, one set of 6.0 mm double pointed needles.

Result? One quick project that matches my winter jacket quite well and another FO.

No comments:

Post a Comment