Wednesday, October 03, 2007

TV Knitting

Yesterday (or Monday? whenever!), I showed you my escape reality project. Today, I present my mindless, tv knitting project. No project is totally mindless, really, unless you're knitting a garter stitch endless scarf.

That's not what this is. It is, however, mindless enough that I can knit and watch tv without having to concentrate on what I'm doing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The yarn is, of course, the camel yarn I wound up last weekend. Because I have two balls, I figure I have enough to make myself a nice cozy shawl to wrap around me on those bleak, wet, wintery evenings on the West (wet) Coast. For those of you who don't know what the west coast is like, it is part of the coastal rain forest. The temperatures are pretty mild in the winters (we can get snow there, not usually a lot), but it rains. And rains. And it's gray. But not usually cold.

Anyway, back to the shawl. It's a basic, simple, top down shawl for now. I'm thinking of changing the shape a bit for the sake of interest, but we'll see. For now, it's a basic stocking stitch, triangular, top down shawl. And it's perfect for working on in front of the tv.

On the moving front (hmm.... no, the front's not moving, we are... sorry, couldn't resist... bad!), there's been an interesting (read... arghhhh!) development. John found out yesterday that by the 15th of October, he'll be the only one left at his job. Right now, he's doing landscaping at the college. It's a 2 acre property. They're getting it ready for winter, but it's definitely not a one person kind of job. That means he won't have a lot of time or energy to be putting into getting the house packed up. In addition, he's trying to find the time to acquaint himself with the menus and recipes he's been sent.

On a positive note, I've been in touch with a lovely reader who lives in Gibsons (hi Siew!). She's already been an encouragement and a source of information. I'm looking forward to meeting her face to face. Already it seems Gibsons is a friendly place.

Shower time.

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least things sound balanced. On the "Boo" side, you've got the wet, dreary winter of the west coast, and the packing/moving left almost entirely to you.

    On the "Yay!" side, you've got two beautiful shawls in the works and a new friend waiting for you in Gibsons.

    Not so bad Ev :) And Gibsons sure does look like a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete