Friday, April 20, 2007

Updates and Some Fun

I have a few minutes before I absolutely have to get dressed and out the door. Care to see some progress pictures? Since I had the camera in hand this morning (more on the reason at the end of this post), I decided to snap some pictures of the works in progress... the active ones.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Estonian Garden scarf is moving along nicely now that I've got the purl 5 togethers down, sort of. I did install a lifeline, thankfully. I've already frogged back to it at least four times. After each repeat of the lily of the valley section, I think I'll install another lifeline. Just in case.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This little piece will someday be a scarf for someone. I'm using Online Supersocke (don't ask which colourway... I'm in the office, the yarn is in the living room) on 4.0 mm needles (US 6?). The stitch is the linen stitch, basically a slip stitch pattern. I got the stitch pattern from my Knitting Pattern a Day calendar and decided to try it with sock yarn rather than the worsted weight yarn the pattern called for. I like it. It's a nice, flat fabric that has just the right amount of drape, and it looks woven more than knitted. It's a fairly mindless knit, so will make good tv knitting.

And then, there's this little piece of work. I'm really having fun knitting this one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the Two-Way Lace cardi for me. Yesterday, I finished off the first skein of yarn and got well into the second skein. I will be making one alteration to the pattern; I'm making it at least 2" longer. The pattern calls for a body length of 9.5". That barely reaches my waist and I like my sweaters to reach at least to the top of my hip; I'll be making it about 12" in length, which means I'll have to put a couple of skeins of yarn aside. I WILL need more. As I said, though, it's a fun knit that's working up fairly quickly. Who knows, perhaps I'll even be able to wear it before the weather warms up completely.

Incidentally, I love working with this yarn. It's the Louet Gems, light worsted weight, 100% superwash wool. It's soft and lovely on the hands. I think I may have mentioned that before, yes?

Ok, on to the fun stuff. On Chatters last night (see Robbyn's blog here), we decided to have a UFO Flashathon. What, do you ask, is THAT? Well, every knitter (unless you're somewhat anal about having more than one project on the go at any given time) has more than one project on the needles at any one time. On Monday, we're going to flash our UFO stash(es). On Monday. Not before then.

There's no little button or anything, but if you'd care to join us in flashing your UFO stash, feel free to post pictures of every little nook or cranny you use to hide your UFOs. There's no need to count them or itemize them (ain't no way I want to go that far!), just show us where you hide them.

On Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Nice UFOs! I just flashed a big pile of them the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so pretty, your lace is beautiful! I love the one your knitting in sock yarn, that is really nice and looks like it will be very warm.

    ReplyDelete