Saturday, July 11, 2009

There Has Been Knitting!

Yup, I've actually been knitting this week! Most of my knitting has been concentrated on the little boy's sweater for the Armstrong Fair. It's coming along quite nicely! 

I really can't say enough about this yarn, the Lanett Superwash. It's soft, being a baby wool, but it has nice body as well. I recommend it heartily. As you can see, the body of the sweater is almost done, with just the right front to be completed and one of the sleeves is almost finished. That leaves one more sleeve, the right front and then the collar/buttonband to do before the end of August. I should be able to manage that.


The podcast sweater is coming along as well. The sleeves are now attached and the yoke is in progress. If you've been following along with the podcast, you'll know that between the decrease rounds (there are 3 of them) is the perfect opportunity to add some colourwork. I've chosen to keep this sweater plain. Ideally, I should be a little farther along than I am, but it will get there. 



The last project that's seen some progress this week is the Estonian Garden wrap. I have now completed (finally) two of the three repeats of the lily of the valley section. As lovely as this section is, it is certainly not difficult! The pattern is easy to read and flows logically. The nupps (I've said it before) are NOT difficult at all, as long as you keep the stitches loose.

There's one more repeat of the lily of the valley section, then the final edging. Then, I'll have to pick up the stitches at the opposite end and repeat the lily of the valley and edging sections. I'm hoping to have this wrap finished in time for the Armstrong Fair as well. It should be doable, as long as my knitting mojo holds up.

This afternoon, we're having a special Sit 'n Stitch; we'll be meeting early (noon) at the Oyama Lake  Alpaca Farm for a tour of the farm. Afterwards, we'll find a place to sit and stitch. I'll have my camera and voice recorder with me, as I'm hoping to get an interview or two for next week's podcast, and pictures for the blog. This time, I'm ready. Apart from one battery I need to pick up before I leave (for the microphone), all the batteries are fresh. No more dead batteries. I'm prepared this time! 

It's going to be a hot day here in the Okanagan, with a forecast high of about 32C (around 90F). I'd better get a few things done before the heat sets in. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have been eye-balling that book "Knitted Lace of Estonia" but not sure if I should purchase it or not. I am NOT the lace knitter that you are. I struggle with it, but keep going back for more. It frustrates me that I find it so challenging after all these many years of knitting. But I do. You Lily of the Valley wrap looks amazing. I am so tempted.

    The sweaters are both looking great. I love cables, so I am rally liking the sleeves on the baby blue sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete